Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Kirby Aberlich!
- Kirby Aberlich is an 8-year-old Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix. He has been coming to Doggy Daycare and Spa since winter of 2014 for Daycare, Boarding and Spa services. When Kirby first started coming his owner was still working and she was looking for somewhere he could play with other dogs and spend time socializing rather than being at home alone.
- Kirby’s full name is just – Kirby! When his owner was looking at rescues, the Chihuahua she had met before was named Kirby and she really liked that name better than Frankie, which is what he had been dubbed with by his rescuers.
- Kirby became a member of the Aberlich family 5 years ago after being rescued off the street of Hazel Park, near Detroit. Kirby’s human cousin and her husband were fostering Kirby for NSB rescue and they thought he would be a perfect match for his now forever family!
- A few of Kirby’s favorite past times include catching his Kong, chasing squirrels up trees, and chasing and barking at the neighbor’s cats. Kirby’s absolute favorite toy is his blue spiked donut – he likes to play catch over and over and over again.
- Kirby is a talented boy and can shake, go around in circles, high 5, doggy calisthenics or if you just hold a treat, he will go through his whole repertoire for you!
- An important friend in Kirby’s life is his cousin Josie! They have a special bond and love to play chase/bark/reverse in figure 8s around the kitchen island.
- Since Kirby was adopted at a later age, not much is known about him as a puppy but as an older pup, Kirby is not fond of hammers, flyswatters, or his owner going up a ladder.
- Kirby’s most enduring feature about him is his crook-tail.
- This summer, Kirby is looking forward to spending time up north with his fur cousins Annie, Camie, Josie and Doug.