Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Be sure to check out our monthly newsletter to keep up with the latest happenings at Doggy Daycare and Spa!
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Max Foren!
- Max Foren is a 5 year old Golden Retriever who has been attending Doggy Daycare and Spa since the fall of 2010. He also gets a bath on a regular basis with the Spa Specialist. Max goes by Maximus and Maxie. He has been part of the Foren family since he was just a puppy.
- He was a birthday present for his dad!
- Max started coming to daycare because he loves being around other dogs! He is always so happy to be at daycare so he can run around and play chase with his friends. His owners wanted to start socializing him with other dogs as soon as they could so they started bringing him once they heard about DDS.
- A few of Max’s favorite past times would include swimming, going for a ride in the car and peanut butter!
- Max has a few toys that he just absolutely adores. His favorite is his water toy octopus. He enjoys throwing his toy around and also loves to play tug of war with it. Max can do the usual tricks- sit, down, shake, and high five. Nothing too fancy… yet.
- Max has a human brother named Wyatt who is 1 year old. Max was scared of Wyatt at first but now he loves him! They enjoy giving each other kisses.
- Still to this day, Max is scared of balloons and the vacuum. When his owners are cleaning the house, he tries to stay as far away as he can from the vacuum.
- A unique characteristic about Max is that when he takes a dip in the lake at Grandma’s place, he runs out of the water, runs up the hill, and scoots down the hill on his back! Every time! He also enjoys playing hide and seek with anybody that is willing to play. At night, Max is a bed hog!
- This summer, Max is of course looking forward to all of the pool time! He loves the water and if he had it his way, he would be in the pool every day, all day!