Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Boomer Showerman!
- Boomer Showerman is a 6 year old Rottweiler who was added to the family from Stockbridge, Michigan. His family has always loved Rottweilers since they enjoyed the Good Dog Carl series.
- Boomer got his name because he is a klutz and tends to boom in to everything!
- Boomer’s parents decided to enroll him into Doggy Day Care after his furry buddy passed away. Boomer had started demonstrating delinquent behavior and needed something to keep him busy and socialized. Boomer became a weekly regular at the Okemos location in September 2015.
- Boomer is entertained by simple pleasures in life such as barking at squirrels, chasing laser lights, bubbles and shadows. He is also a particular fan of howling at the phone when it rings.
- Boomer is a professional “hider”. He loves to hide to avoid going outside or in his kennel. His favorite place to hide is in the truck, but then he can also go for a ride.
- Boomer has three favorite toys that sleep with him at night. He relishes hauling them around the house. He loves his squeaky pig, owl and lamb. He also enjoys a ball that lights up when he drops it. If he is in a rowdy mood, he plays hockey with a large Tide container. Silly Boomer!
- Boomer has two doggy cousins, Tucker and Porter. He likes to play tug-of-war with Tucker, but Porter has too much energy for Boomer’s taste. You could say Porter is his arch nemesis!
- When Boomer was a puppy, he would play with a cousin cat named Lola. They would take turns chasing, wrestling and pinning each other. Now that he has grown, Lola and Boomer enjoy snuggles and taking over each other’s bed space.
- Boomer has traveled as far as to Minnesota. On his travels, he loved to chase the waves on Lake Superior and wear his life jacket. Safety is always his top priority!
- This winter Boomer is looking forward to digging in the snow, chasing snowflakes and eating as much ice as possible! He also likes to help shovel the sidewalks and driveway by chasing the shovel of snow when you throw them or running after the snow coming out of the snow blower shoot.