Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Molly Gietzen!
- Molly is a 6 year old Border Collie Mix who loves coming to Doggy Daycare and Spa every Thursday! She has been attending daycare since she was just over a year old.
- Molly became a member of the Gietzen family via a Milwaukee, Wisconsin Humane Society from their son 4 years ago who was living there at time. A new job prevented him from keeping her so his parents took sweet Molly into their home.
- Daycare became a must right away! When the Gietzen family brought Molly home, she was a puppy and full of energy. Family obligations take the Gietzen’s to Grand Rapids every Thursday so it became the perfect day for Molly to get out of the house and hang out with her friends while her owners were away.
- A favorite past time for Molly is running over to the golf course across the street every morning and greeting all the walkers who are golfing. Lots of people know her and enjoy the daily visits.
- Molly’s absolute favorite toy is her “Chuck It”. She plays with it every day on her runs.
- Molly is very athletic! She leaps really high when catching her ball and she loves to run.
- Some neighborhood friends include Sadie, a Daisy dog, Decklyn, a boxer, and Jack, a black lab. They all enjoy taking walks together.
- When Molly was first brought home to the Gietzen family house, her owners left her inside while they went outside to do some yard work. When they came back inside, they found all the couch cushions and drapes chewed up… From then on Molly always joined the family outside! Thankfully, she has now grown out of this.
- In the neighborhood there are several young children that are around and Molly’s instincts kick in as a Border Collie and she begins to herd them. She is always poking her nose into them to move them around.
- Summer time is not Molly’s favorite season. Thunderstorms and fireworks are not her friends. She would much rather prefer the winter months and playing in the snow.