Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Duffy Palmer!
- Duffy Palmer is a 6 year old Lab/ Golden Mix who loves daycare day! He has been coming to Doggy Daycare and Spa since the spring of 2012. Duffy was rescued from the Mason Animal Shelter 6 years ago and the Palmer family is so happy that they did.
- Duffy is full of energy so daycare is a must! His owners thought it would be a great way for him to get exercise while socializing with other dogs.
- A few of Duffy’s favorite pastimes include lots of swimming, chasing his ball, going for runs and barking at everything, non-stop.
- Duffy LOVES his ball! He will play fetch for hours on end whether it is in the yard or in the ocean.
- Sit, speak, shake, lie down and rollover (but only halfway, he can’t seem to get all the way around) are some tricks Duffy enjoys showing off.
- Duffy will be having a human baby sister arriving this June and can’t wait! He also has a kitten brother named Barry; however Duffy will deny his existence.
- Duffy has been to many places around the country. A few of them include Sanibel Island, Florida, Comerica Park for Tiger baseball games and Ford Field and Spartan Stadium for football games. He has also been on plane rides and even on a horse drawn carriage on Mackinac Island.
- A funny story from when Duffy was a puppy was that one time he had seen a squirrel running outside in the backyard and Duffy jumped through the screen window and chased after it.
- An interesting fact about Duffy is that he has his service dog training certification and loves to accompany his dad almost everywhere he goes.
- This year for Valentine’s Day Duffy will be doing the same thing as his dad- they are not quite sure what that will be yet but they always think of something good!