Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Austin Baker!
- Austin Baker is a 1 year old golden retriever who was adopted from Last Chance Rescue in 2014. When his soon-to-be “Parents” saw his pictures, they knew he would be the perfect addition to their family.
- Austin got his name from Austin Powers! His full name is Austin Danger Harper.
- Because of his parents’ busy schedules, Austin found himself bored and lonely during the week. Austin has tons of energy and loves interacting with other dogs… Doggy Daycare was exactly what they all needed! Austin became a weekly regular at the Okemos location in September 2015.
- Many of Austin’s favorite past times include anything with water. He can’t pass a puddle without splashing in it! But he also enjoys going to the park, walking the trails and playing tug of war.
- Austin is super smart and knows lots of commands like sit, drop, stay, shake, roll over and even find it. Austin recently took an agility course where he learned to navigate through obstacles.
- Austin has two favorite toys: one for inside and one for outside. His inside toy is a silent squeaking Furby. When he’s outside, he loves to splash his Chuck It! Roller in puddles. It became an outside toy when he was about six months old because he kept trying to play with it in the toilet! Ewww Austin!
- Austin has two cat siblings, Bailey and Banjo. Bailey spends most of his time in solitude, but Banjo enjoys bossing Austin around!
- When Austin gets really excited, he grabs ahold of random objects. Just recently he had a mitten, a set of car keys and a rope toy in his mouth, all at once!
- Austin dislikes car rides, even though they always mean he’s going somewhere fun, including Doggy Daycare and Spa! His parents have to lift his front feet into the back seat, then his hind legs.
- This spring Austin is looking forward to going swimming again! He’s already snuck into the river a few times this year. Austin will spend many days at the park where he can go swimming. He is also looking forward to spending lots of time vacationing at Houghton Lake!