Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Annie Such!
- Annie Such is a 1 year old British Labrador Retriever who was born at the Queensland Kennels in Holton, Wisconsin. Annie’s doggy parents were born and bred in England and were British field and hunting trail champions. Her “Human Parents” brought her home to Haslett when she was 8 weeks old.
- Annie got her name from her breeding kennel and a combination of her parent’s names, family names and where she lives. Her full name is Queensland’s Lady Annabelle Cassiebear of Pine Lake – “Annie.”
- Because of Annie being trained to be a therapy dog to visit hospitals and nursing homes, she needed to be around other animals and learn the proper interaction with other dogs. Her parents also need a safe and healthy environment for her while they were at work…Doggy Day Care was exactly what they needed!
- Annie loves the staff at Doggy Day Care and Spa and looks forward to going each day. Annie has been a weekly regular at the Okemos location since February 2016.
- Many of Annie’s favorite past times include playing fetch with the tennis ball. She also loves to be around people and has taken to basic training commands very readily. Her favorite place in the house is on the couch that overlooks the backyard where she can bird watch and follow the activities of the local squirrels and deer.
- Annie is super smart and a very quick learner! She has a good understanding of the basic training commands. She will be starting her whistle training soon, so she will work entirely on hand commands and whistle prompts. Annie will begin her hunt and retriever training later this spring.
- Annie’s best friend is “Billy”, a Goldendoodle that lives in Holt. Annie looks forward to weekend visits and loves to play “chase the ball” and “tug-of- war” with Billy.
- This spring Annie is looking forward to learning how to swim and continuing her training. As well as, good old fashion relaxation time on the couch watching the wildlife!