Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Penny Beia!
- Penny Beia is a 7 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who was adopted from a Michigan breeder when she was seven weeks old. She was so small, she could fit in the palm of her mom’s hand!
- Penny got her name because of her coloring. She’s red and shiny like a copper penny.
- Every night after dinner, Penny gets a chicken jerky treat. All her mom has to do is get it out of the bag and Penny will immediately start to roll over. No command or hand signal needed!
- Penny started to come to daycare to get her more socialized with other dogs. Penny became a regular at the Okemos location this past January. It also doesn’t hurt that she usually comes home tired! A tired dog is a good dog!
- Penny was raised in downtown Chicago and recently moved to Michigan about a year ago. She doesn’t travel much, but her mom would love to take her on a cross-country road trip with her one day!
- Many of Penny’s favorite past times include anything to do with the outdoors. She loves hiking through the woods, swimming in lakes and napping. Penny especially loves the dog beaches in Chicago and Muskegon. After playing in the sun and water, napping is always a good option.
- Penny has a favorite toy that she loves to play with. She has a tennis ball on a nylon strap that she wrestles with. She will swing it around, knocking her in the face.
- Penny is all about the people in her life, even if she just met them! She has a special attraction for contractors and service people who come to her house. They will be crawling around under the sink or around the furnace, and she’s trying to nuzzle their faces and trying to crawl in their lap!
- A unique characteristic about Penny is that she is deaf. She lost her hearing when she was 5 years old. Her vet was unable to conclude a cause to her hearing loss. But since she lost her hearing, she has bonded very closely to her mom and have formed visual communication with her.
- Penny is looking forward to Sunday Fundays at the dog beach this summer, where she can play in the water and nap in the sun!