Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Pip Opel!
- Pip Opel is a two year old dachshund who was adopted from the Capital Area Humane Society about a year ago. He was originally part of a houseful of dachshunds that were surrendered to the shelter. As soon as his soon-to-be family saw him, they just knew he had to be part of the family.
- Pip’s full name is actually Pippin. All of the pets in his family have Lord of the Rings inspired names.
- He has two cat siblings named Gandalf and Radagast. They are “Garfield’s” to his “Odie”.
- Pip’s parents decided to enroll him at Doggy Day Care right away after adopting him. They knew that Pip needed pals to play with, so Doggy Day Care was exactly what they needed! Pip became a weekly regular at the Okemos location in May 2017.
- Pip may be on the smaller side, but he does enjoy playing with the bigger dogs. He likes to kiss their faces!
- Some of Pip’s favorite past times include chewing on bones, chasing cats and snuggling up with his family.
- His favorite toy is a squeaky piña colada toy that he carries around in his mouth. It looks like he’s got a drink! Silly Pip!
- Pip doesn’t really feel like learning that many tricks. As of right now, the only trick he can do is sit.
- Pip has done some traveling since he joined his new family. They have taken him to Chicago, Illinois and to Minocqua Lake, Wisconsin. Pip isn’t exactly an airplane dog!
- Pip is not a fan of Halloween because of the scary sounding doorbell! To still make him feel included in the holiday, the entire family will bring all of the candy and his toys down to the basement and watch movies instead!
- This coming summer season, Pip is looking forward to lake time with his Labrador retriever cousins!