Doggy Daycare and Spa is Mid-Michigan’s original Doggy Daycare Center. Cageless daycare provides socialization and exercise in a cageless environment for pet dogs of all sizes. We offers the area’s most unique boarding services. Dogs enjoy the benefits of Daycare during the day, playing with friends and getting tired out, but have their own private space at night.
Welcome to Doggy Daycare and Spa! Where the Hip Hounds Hang Out!
Doggy Daycare and Spa was established in October 2000 and can proudly lay claim to being Mid-Michigan’s very first Doggy Daycare Center!
We provide a cageless environment where dogs can enjoy the freedom of 8,000 square feet of space to hang out with their friends. Because the health and safety of every one of our dogs is of the utmost importance, we have requirements everyone has to meet and an enrollment process that all dogs must go through in order to come for the just the day or to spend the night.
It is our goal to always meet and exceed your expectations by providing you and your pet with the very best in Daycare, Boarding, and Grooming.
Say Hello To Our Dog Of The Month!
Meet Clifford Ditri!
- Clif Ditri is a Japanese Mastiff who was adopted from a rescue in downtown Detroit about a year and a half ago. When his soon-to-be “Parents” saw him, they knew he would be the perfect addition to their family and companion for their other dog.
- Clif has a sister named Xena, who is also a mastiff. Xena did not adapt well to humans after she was adopted so Clif’s parents got him after much consideration. Clif has helped Xena adjust to being around people!
- The rescue had named him “Big Red”, so the logical choice was to name him Clifford for Clifford the Big Red Dog!
- Clif and his sibling, Xena, started coming to Doggy Daycare to become more socialized with dogs and people. They became a weekly regular at the Okemos location in July 2016.
- Many of Clif’s favorite past times include playing fetch whenever he feels like it. As well as running through the fields, especially without a leash on! But then when he is all done playing, sleeping is definitely one of his favorite things to do.
- Clif has two favorite toys: one is a Kong which he loves to steal away from his sister. As well as a rope toy, so that he can play tag-a-war with his sister.
- As of right now, Clif has decided he doesn’t really want to learn any tricks, no matter how hard his parents try.
- One of Clif’s favorite things to do is to go through the fast food drive through! The food always just smells so delicious to him!
- This fall Clif is looking forward to running through more fields without his leash and coming to Doggy Day Care.